Date: July 29 & 30
Location: Historic Belmar Park in Santa Monica, off the 10 Freeway.
Preliminary Schedule For Planning Purposes:
- Pool Play: Saturday, July 29th, 10AM – 5PM
- Beach Activity: Saturday, July 29th, 6PM
- Playoffs: Sunday, July 30th, 8AM – 1PM
Format: We will be using the Sixes format. Main rules are:
- 5 field players and 1 goalie
- All field players play all positions
- No offsides
- No backing up your shot
Eligibility & Team Size: This tournament is designed to cater to younger age groups that don’t have as many tournament options. As such, we are targeting “Boys 2/3.” That means specific eligibility for this summer is:
- Rising 2nd graders
- Rising 3rd graders
- Rising 4th graders (Please reach out to us about this group. We want to make it as easy as possible for clubs to create teams, but would like to avoid a stacked team of rising 4th graders).
We recommend a team size of 10-12 players for maximum playing time.
Cost: The cost to register a team is $625 and can be paid via Venmo to @Academy-Of-Lacrosse.
Team Registration: If you are interested in registering a team, please reach out to Erik Krum at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 720-933-2925.
Goalie Gear: If you do not have a permanent goalie for your team, we do have loaner gear available for you to use for the duration of the event. Specifically we have:
- Leg pads
- Chest guard
- Goalie gloves – with steel insert
- Helmet with throat guard
Lodging: If you are in need of a hotel for your stay, please let us know as soon as possible so we can work out a block for you.