Over the past few seasons Fire Lacrosse has become the leader in offering training opportunities for high school players that are newer to the sport and are looking to:
- Level up their lacrosse skills
- Improve athleticism
- Get lots of game reps
- Play in a tournament
- Be with great coaches
- Have fun
This summer we are combining our renowned Fire HLT training with our Orange/White tournament programs to create FIRE HLT+. HLT is our High Level Training program designed to elevate your game by developing your lacrosse IQ, athletic ability, and game experience. This is an intensive 3 or 6 week program built with the aspiring elite athlete in mind and is based off the preseason programming collegiate athletes undergo. We will teach you to start to think, train, and then act like an elite lacrosse player and provide the knowledge and tools designed to help you achieve your personal goals.
FIRE HLT+ is modeled largely after college-level training. It offers a balance of athletic training, lacrosse skills training, as well as game opportunities to apply the new skills. The main components are:
- FIRE SAQ – Speed, Agility and Quickness training
- FIRE IQ – Lacrosse skills training
- FIRE SIXES – Game opportunities in Sixes format
- FIRE TOURNAMENTS – Game opportunities in Tournament format
Fire HLT+ will be offered in two recurring blocks that are 3 weeks in length each.
- Block 1: June 13th through July 2nd
- Block 2: July 11th through July 30th
Each week will include up to 3 Fire IQ sessions, 2 Fire SAQ sessions and 1 Fire Sixes session. See below for master schedule.
FIRE SAQ: SAQ is a core training element of college lacrosse teams so we are following suit by integrating it into our high school level. Fire SAQ workouts will have an emphasis on form, function and power and will include activities like cone and ladder drills, bodyweight conditioning, and sprints. SAQ is:
Speed – moving your body in one direction as fast as possible
Agility – acceleration/deceleration, stabilizing, and quickly changing directions Quickness – reacting and changing your body position with maximum force
FIRE IQ: Fire IQ is modeled after our traditional Fire HLT positional training and offers a 3-week curriculum that will help you level up your lacrosse skills:
Week 1 – Defense [Emphasis on footwork, communication, & reading your opponent]
No matter what position you play on the lacrosse field, having the skills to defend your opponent anywhere on the field is crucial. In week one, we will teach you how to read your opponent, develop your footwork, and ultimately force turnovers. We’ll start with 1v1 defensive techniques and then apply those skills to team defense, with proper communication for effective bumps, slides, and crashes.
Week 2 – Midfield [Emphasis on transition, draws, and the ride]
This week is designed to show you how to take advantage of the field space and sidelines in the center of the field. We’ll show you how to create and see options in transition, force your opponents to help and cause turnovers, and elevate your draw technique. 50/50 balls win games. By the end of this week, you will know how to use you body, the field, and your teammates to take advantage of every ground ball and draw control.
Week 3 – Offense [Emphasis on shooting, driving, and creating plays]
This week, we’ll focus on developing proper shooting technique to maximize power and hone in on accuracy so you can feel confident that your shots will finish in the back of the net. We’ll drill 8 meter technique, crease rolls, drives, and finesse shots so that you feel confident acting on every opportunity. Just as important, we’ll also practice taking care of the ball under pressure, making smart passing decisions, and moving off ball to open lanes and create space and opportunities for your teammates.
Goalies – The first half of each practice will be devoted to developing your technical goalie skills. You will work with our goalie coach to improve your footwork, spacial knowledge, reflexes, and reading the ball. The rest of practice will be with the team.
FIRE SIXES: This program allows our players to apply everything they are learning in a game setting. In order to maximize touches of the ball and to give players the ability to play all positions, we will be offering games in the WORLD SIXES format on a weekly basis. In 2028, the Olympics will take place in Los Angeles and lacrosse will be an exhibition sport in a format called SIXES. Sixes is essentially the same format as Fire 5v5 we ran in the Fall prior to COVID. It features a smaller field, 5v5 on the field, plus a goalie, a shot clock, and draws only at the beginning of each period. The result is a VERY fast-paced format that provides a lot of competition, gets every player involved at every position (which means you learn a lot more and get a lot of experience), and importantly, gives each player more touches of the ball. Here is a video of what Sixes looks like in action: https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/298329539
This summer we will be running the World Sixes (aka 5v5) as FIRE SIXES. It will be open to all players registered in FIRE HLT+, as well as players signing up only for FIRE SIXES, guest organizations as well as coaches teams. Players can expect to compete in multiple games against varied competition, including a team of their coaches. The specific schedule will be announced in May, once our field space is secured, but expect Sunday AM @Belmar to be the time slot. See below for master schedule.
FIRE TOURNAMENTS: We will also offer 1 tournament at the end of each session, provided we have enough demand.
- Battle By The Beach, July 1 & 2 – OC Great Park, Irvine (end of Block 1)
- California Showcase, July 22 & 23 – OC Great Park, Irvine (end of Block 2)
COST: In order to maximize flexibility, players will be able to register on an a la carte basis as follows:
Fire HLT+ Pricing:
- Block 1 – June 13th through July 2nd. Includes Fire SAQ, Fire IQ and Fire Sixes.
- The all-inclusive price for ALL 15 sessions in Block 1 is $295!
- Block 2 – July 11th through July 30th. Includes Fire SAQ, Fire IQ and Fire Sixes.
- The all-inclusive price for ALL 15 sessions in Block 2 is $295!
- Battle By The Beach is $325 (includes, coaches stipends, coaches travel, tournament fees)
- California Showcase is $325 (includes, coaches stipends, coaches travel, tournament fees)
MASTER SCHEDULE: Fire HLT+ is designed as a training camp that offers players the ability to pick their pace. If you want to push yourself to the max, you have the opportunity to be active almost every day. If you want to do more one week, and less the next, you can do that. Or you can focus on those elements of the program each week that best suit your needs.
BLOCK 1 – WEEK 1
- Tuesday, June 13 – 7PM @Belmar Park – FIRE IQ
- Wednesday, June 14 – 11AM @Samo or Lincoln – FIRE SAQ
- Thursday, June 15 – 7PM @Belmar Park – FIRE IQ
- Saturday, June 17 – 12:30PM @Belmar Park – FIRE IQ
- Sunday, June 18 – 9:30AM @Belmar Park – FIRE SIXES
BLOCK 1 – WEEK 2
- Monday, June 19 – 11AM @Samo or Lincoln – FIRE SAQ
- Tuesday, June 20 – 7PM @Belmar Park – FIRE IQ
- Wednesday, June 21 – 11AM @Samo or Lincoln – FIRE SAQ
- Thursday, June 22 – 7PM @Belmar Park – FIRE IQ
- Saturday, June 24 – 12:30PM @Belmar Park – FIRE IQ
- Sunday, June 25 – 9:30AM @Belmar Park – FIRE SIXES
BLOCK 1 – WEEK 3
- Monday, June 26 – 11AM @Samo or Lincoln – FIRE SAQ
- Tuesday, June 27 – 7PM @Belmar Park – FIRE IQ
- Wednesday, June 28 – 11AM @Samo or Lincoln – FIRE SAQ
- Thursday, June 29 – 7PM @Belmar Park – FIRE IQ
- Saturday, July 1 – Battle at the Beach – FIRE TOURNAMENTS
- Sunday, July 2 – Battle at the Beach – FIRE TOURNAMENTS
BLOCK 2 – WEEK 1
- Monday, July 10 – 11AM @Samo or Lincoln – FIRE SAQ
- Tuesday, July 11 – 7PM @Belmar Park – FIRE IQ
- Wednesday, July 12 – 11AM @Samo or Lincoln – FIRE SAQ
- Thursday, July 13 – 7PM @Belmar Park – FIRE IQ
- Saturday, July 15 – 12:30PM @Belmar Park – FIRE IQ
- Sunday, July 16 – 9:30AM @Belmar Park – FIRE SIXES
BLOCK 2 – WEEK 2
- Monday, July 17 – 11AM @Samo or Lincoln – FIRE SAQ
- Tuesday, July 18 – 7PM @Belmar Park – FIRE IQ
- Wednesday, July 19 – 11AM @Samo or Lincoln – FIRE SAQ
- Thursday, July 20 – 7PM @Belmar Park – FIRE IQ
- Saturday, July 22 – California Showcase – FIRE TOURNAMENTS
- Sunday, July 23 -California Showcase – FIRE TOURNAMENTS
BLOCK 2 – WEEK 3
- Tuesday, July 25 – 7PM @Belmar Park – FIRE IQ
- Wednesday, July 26 – 11AM @Samo or Lincoln – FIRE SAQ
- Thursday, July 27 – 7PM @Belmar Park – FIRE IQ
- Saturday, July 28 – 12:30PM @Belmar Park – FIRE IQ
- Sunday, July 29 – 9:30AM @Belmar Park – FIRE SIXES