It is REALLY HAPPENING! We are getting a new field in Santa Monica and construction has started. The picture above was taken Saturday at 8AM. To commemorate this remarkable achievement (for Santa Monica), there will be a ground breaking ceremony on August 27th. We encourage all of you to attend so we can show the City how much we appreciate the new field. Regardless of whether or not you can make it, we thank you VERY much for all your help the past 3 years in helping us get this done so our kids have more opportunities to play lacrosse. Please register if you’re planning to attend. Details below:
- Parking/Transportation: Limited parking will be available at the Civic Center Parking Structure and pedestrian access to the event will be available via Civic Center Drive. Rideshare, public transportation, biking, or walking is encouraged. Big Blue Bus routes 2, 3, 5, and 9, as well as the Metro Expo Line, serve the Santa Monica Civic Center.
- Ceremony: The event will take place on the construction site just east of the Civic Auditorium building. Once parked/arrived, follow directional signs for pedestrian event entry.
- Attire: Closed-toed shoes are required for attendees as the event will take place on an active construction site.
- Date & Time: Tuesday, August 27 from 10AM to 11AM
- Location: Civic Center Surface Parking Lot (East of the Civic Auditorium) 1855 Main Street, Santa Monica, CA 90405
Click HERE to register for the event.