Welcome to the 2020 Spring Season! This post contains information regarding the upcoming season.
Click HERE to register
LEAGUE: LA Youth Lacrosse League
- Boys K/1
- Boys 2nd/3rd Grade
- Boys 4th/5th Grade
- Boys 6th/7th Grade
- Boys 8th Grade
GAME SCHEDULE: Game times and locations will be posted as soon as we receive the schedule. The first game day is Sunday, March 8th. The final game day of the season will be Sunday, May 17th. There will be 10 game weekends during the season. You can expect to have a game every Sunday between these days with the exception of Sunday, April 12th (Easter). Below is a list of game weekends:
- Sunday, March 8th
- Sunday, March 15th
- Sunday, March 22nd
- Sunday, March 29th
- Sunday, April 5th
- Dragons Spring Break is April 6th to April 12th
- Sunday, April 12th – Easter (No Games)
- Sunday, April 19th
- Sunday, April 26th
- Sunday, May 3rd (Playoffs – if needed)
- Sunday, May 10th (Playoffs)
- Sunday, May 17th (Championships)
GAME LOCATIONS: While plans aren’t completely locked in by the league, games will be played at different fields around Los Angeles, including Culver City HS, Santa Monica HS, Campus El Segundo, Palos Verdes HS and Manhattan Village.
PRACTICE SCHEDULE: Spring is our primary training season because we receive a consistent allocation of field space from the City of Santa Monica. Practice information is listed below.
- K through 5th Grade: Monday 5:30-7pm @ Lincoln, Wednesday 5:30-7pm @ JAMS
- 6th, 7th & 8th Grade: Monday 7:30-9pm @ SAMO, Friday 5-7pm @ Lincoln
First practice is March 2nd
Last practice is May 15th
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT PRACTICE DATES AND TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE. Please visit your TeamSnap page or the “Schedule” tab on our website for current information.
- Click HERE to register
- K/1 & 2/3 EARLY BIRD SPECIAL: $375.00 (payment must be received by 2/5)
- Regular Pricing: $425 (Anything received after 2/5)
- 4/5, 6/7 & 8 EARLY BIRD SPECIAL: $645.00 (payment must be received by 2/5)
- Regular Pricing: $695 (Anything received after 2/5)
- Prices for Spring are higher than Winter because the season is longer (more practices & games) and the league fees are substantially more than winter league.
- 2020 Spring prices are actually about 10% lower than last year.
COACHING STAFF: All of our coaches have a deep understanding of the game of lacrosse, they are young, full of positive energy and share a love of teaching lacrosse to kids. Most of you have already met them as part of our extensive Fall program. Our curriculum is highly instructive, with a focus on making your son the best player he or she can be, and to make sure that they have a great experience. You can read up on our coaches HERE. Primary boys coaches are:
- Erik Krum
- Riley Lasda
- Max Mercier
- Andrew Buss
- Eli Lasda
- Daniel Rivas
- Nathan Galper
Specific coaching assignments will be made the week prior to the first game.
UNIFORM: We are using the same uniform as in the Winter. If you have one, you do not need to purchase a new one. IF YOU NEED TO PURCHASE A UNIFORM, PLEASE DO SO AS PART OF THE REGISTRATION PROCESS. The cost is $50. You will be asked for size information as part of the registration process.
LOANER GEAR: If you need loaner gear, we need to know ahead of time. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so we can set aside gear for you. The gear is available at no charge, but we do require a $100 deposit. You can bring a check to the field made out to Academy of Lacrosse, and we will deliver the gear at that time.
For general questions, please e-mail: Randy Grube – email@example.com.
For social media, please follow us on Instagram & Facebook: @santamonicadragons.
Click HERE to register